The club focusses primarily on ski trips to IKON Pass resorts offering trips to out-of-state and international resorts as well as monthly trips to Mammoth Mountain during the ski season. The “Fly Away” trips are typically a week in length targeting 5 full days of skiing. The “Mammoth Trips” are typically three nights each month during the ski season with a mix of weekend and midweek trips.
The club also hosts social events year-round. These include:
- Group dinners at a local restaurant
- Social activities which have included Duffy boat rides, Oktoberfest, wine tasting, cowboy line dancing, murder mystery dinner parties and more.
- Hikes in the local southern California mountains.
- Water based activities like standup paddle boarding and kayaking.
- Inline skating and biking excursions.
Want to know more? Reach out to us on our “Contact Us” page or attend one of our monthly general meetings.
Why join the Long Beach Ski Club?
- Find a Snow Buddy: Find someone with similar skills and a desire to experience similar terrain. Whether you like the groomers, trees, moguls or steep terrain, there is someone in the club that you can pair up with.
- Hassle Free Travel: Someone else works out the travel logistics, freeing you up to enjoy the snow. On our Fly Away trips, the trip director will arrange for air, lodging, airport shuttles at the destination and even arrange optional additional activities you can participate in. On our Mammoth trips, the trip director will arrange the lodging, a condo dinner and help with members who want to ride-share to and from the mountain resort.
- Learn the Mountain from Experienced Members: For those that have never been to Mammoth, the club has many members who have been all over it’s terrain and welcome the opportunity to share their knowledge and passion.
- Get Advice: Either equipment or technique from more experienced members of the club.
- More than Just Snow: The club has social activities as well as outdoor activities when the club isn’t out “shredding” the snow.